Can you live in other states on a subclass 190 visa?

Living in other states on a subclass 190 visa

Can you live in other states on a state-sponsored visa? What is state-sponsorship?

This is one of the biggest issues in skilled migration, because many people mis-understand the reality of the regulations and visa conditions.

The fact is this: The subclass 190 state-sponsored visa is a ‘full Permanent Resident’ visa.

This means that you are given the status of ‘Australian Permanent Residence’.

The visa does not have conditions applied to it that are at all relevant to being state-sponsored. The visa label does not say what state sponsored (just like a PR visa label does not say the occupation used when applying).

The application is the APPLICATION.

Once Permanent Resident status is granted, then you cannot be restricted to live or work in only one state. That would be against the idea of ‘Permanent Residence’ and having full rights in Australia.

Some visas have residential-location specific conditions. The subclass 489 provisional Pr, regional sponsored visa does have the condition that you must live and work in a regional area. What are regional areas of Australia? They are defined by Postcode and generally mean 1 hour drive outside the main cities, but Adelaide is included as a regional area.

But – the subclass 190 state-sponsorship visa does not have any such conditions.

Of course the sponsoring state would like you to live in the state.

But if you ask them directly about this issue – that’s right, ask the state directly about the issue, why not?! – then they will also inform you that it is not a legal condition, legal restriction or otherwise a Federal nor national law related to the entire issue.

The state is also not relevant when applying for citizenship.

The initial issues are one side — but the reality is that you need to apply for the visa to even obtain Permanent Residence

So go to the GET ASSESSED at the top or bottom of these pages and start your personal Australian visa assessment with an expert, now.

You will register into your own Client Area.

From there, you can use the ‘online communication’ area to talk 1-to-1 with your assigned consultant, who will send you your own migration assessment report and explain all the details of your case.


%d bloggers like this: